Last modified: Aug. 04, 2016
We do not sell or share the data we get from you for anything other than for providing you the services described in this policy.
Specific details on how we use your data and the services we provide can be found below.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your device including your IP address, operating system, and details about the specific application page views;
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our application including your email address, and username;
- Information that you provide when updating the details about your car including picture used as the identifier for the car when replacing the default car logo;
- Information you provide to us when using the services on our application, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services including the timing, frequency and pattern of use;
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our application or application website including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication;
- Any other personal information that you choose to send to us;
- The application may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the application; and
- Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- Allow you to use your own picture as the car’s identifier in the application and personalise our application for you, we may access your device’s camera and/or picture library;
- Enable for providing backup service for your data if you enable the backup option in the application;
- We may work with analytics companies to help us understand how the application is being used, such as the frequency and duration of usage including:
- Backup application data to allow us to provide the backup service when enabled in the application.
- Deal with enquiries, suggestions and complaints made by or about you relating to our application;
- If Shenkor LLC is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information;
- This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential;
- We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
What we do not do with your personal information
- We will not supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing;
- This application does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
International data transfers
- Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy;
- Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws;
- Personal information that you submit for publication on our application may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others;
- You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this section.
Retaining personal information
This section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes;
- Without prejudice to this section, we will usually delete personal data falling within the categories set out below at the date/time set out below:
- Pictures, email, username, password, car details will be deleted when you deactivate the backup option in the application.
Security of personal information
- Our company does not provide storage service for any of the personal information we get from you. All the information collected by our application is to allow us use the services the application uses from third party services detailed in this document;
- We do not collect any financial information through this application;
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet;
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our application confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our application).
Services this application provides
- Suggestions to allow you to track the manufacturer’s suggested service/maintenance schedule of your car’s parts;
- Local notifications when there are parts that are approaching their suggested service/maintenance date or mileage;
- Creating reminders in your default device calendar for the part that requires the earliest service/maintenance;
- Track the service/maintenance schedule of your car’s parts in miles or kilometers.
Change the application’s assumptions
- This application provides options to update the assumptions taken and the data collected from third party providers about:
- Your driving behaviour;
- Part service/maintenance interval.
- Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated;
- We may provide ways to correct or update your personal information in our application.
The intention of this application is to automate the manual tracking that might have been done by you to track your car’s service/maintenance schedule.
Even though we strive to provide you a reliable information, some of the suggestions might not be accurate. It is advised you confirm with your car’s manufacturer provided manual if you have any doubt about the suggestions for the maintenance of each part of your car.
On the event you want to change the assumptions taken by the application, we provide options to customise most, if not all, of the information about your car.
We take no responsibility about any damage that may happen to you car or any damage that may occur because of your use of our application.
Use this application at your own risk.
When do you get my consent?
- When you provide us with personal information to authenticate with the application, and backup application’s data, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only;
- When you access the different options provided in the application including:
- Replacing the default car logo with your own picture, you give a specific consent through your device’s alert request for accessing your device’s camera or picture library;
- Enabling the calendar option to allow the application create reminders about upcoming maintenance events, you give specific consent through your device’s alert request;
- Contacting us through the contact form in the application or the application website for recommendations, feedback, or ideas, we might access your default mailing application;
- Sharing maintenance details for easy access for your convenience to take to your prefered mechanic or your filing; the application may access your default mailing application, printer, or any other option you selected for such purpose through the application;
- Receiving local notifications through the application for receiving local notifications about upcoming maintenance events, you give specific consent through your device’s alert request.
How do I withdraw my consent?
- If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for any of the options you enabled through our application using your device’s settings page;
- We may provide ways to disable the application’s abilities to use some of your device’s capabilities through our application.
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website and updating the link on our application that will be released after such amendment;
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy; and
- We may notify you of changes to this policy by any communication means you allow us on your application.
- Our ability to furnish such a request; and
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
- Our application and website includes hyperlinks to, and details of third party websites;
- We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties;
- The third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us;
- Certain third-party service providers have their own privacy policies with respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your services. We recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers;
- Remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. If you elect to proceed with a service that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located;
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server;
- Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies:
- a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date;
- a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed;
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies;
- We use only session cookies on our application website if we have found no other way to implement that portion without the use of a cookie;
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies;
- Blocking all cookies may have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites;
- Our application websites are created not to rely on cookies as much as possible but on occasions that require us to enable cookie usage to provide information about the application. If you block cookies, you may not be able to use all the features on our website;
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer according to the options provided on the specific browser you use to access our application website.
- This application and application’s website is owned and operated by Shenkor LLC.
- Our principal place of business is at 8 The Green, Ste A Dover, DE 19901;
- You can contact us:
- by post, using the postal address given above;
- using our website contact form; or
- by email, using the email address published on our website from time to time.
In this document the terms we, us, and the company refers to Shenkor LLC.